George is a shareholder of Blakinger Thomas and Chair of the Agricultural group. George’s primary practice areas are real estate, agricultural, zoning and subdivision and litigation relating to real estate and land use. He also is a member of the firm’s Wills, Estates, Trusts, Elder Law, and Planned Giving practice group. His specific concentrations are in real estate transactions and financing, real estate settlement services, agricultural preservation, advising farmers and other landowners, Agricultural Security Areas, ACRE disputes, Clean and Green, 1031 exchanges, estate planning and similar matters. He helps administer the law firm’s title insurance agency relationship for two title insurance companies, attempting to creatively produce solutions for real estate title matters.
George also has significant experience in municipal law, having represented many landowners before zoning hearing boards, municipalities, and various Pennsylvania courts of common pleas and appellate courts. He is Solicitor to several municipalities and municipal entities. George enjoys that his practice has taken him to farmhouses, municipal buildings and courthouses around the Commonwealth. He appreciates Lancaster’s wonderful land and is proud that part of his practice helps preserve the land for future generations.
- University of Connecticut Law School, J.D. (high honors, Law Review)
- Lehigh University, B.S.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Madeline Palladino, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania (1991-1992)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1994
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- Tabor Community Services, Board Member Service Award, 2012
- Lancaster Day Care Center, Honorary Board Member, 2007
- Public Service Award, Volunteer Representation, 1996
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Agricultural Law Committee)
- Lancaster Bar Association (Past Chair of Real Estate Section)
- Lancaster County Agriculture Council (Board of Directors, Founding Member)
- Lancaster County Chamber of Commerce, Agricultural Advisory Group, Member
- Tabor Community Services (Board of Directors – 2001 to 2013; Board Treasurer – 2007 to 2013)
- Lancaster Day Care Center (Prior Member of the Board of Directors and prior Treasurer)
- Sacred Heart Church (Parish Council Member)
- Sacred Heart School (Prior Member of Board of Directors)
- “Farm Succession and Will Planning,” Real Health Conference, 2015
- “1031 Exchange Update,” to various accounting firms and lenders, 2010 – 2011
- “Agricultural Conservation Easements: Review and Update,” Lancaster Bar Association, November 2010
- “Understanding How Conservation Easements Affect Your Clients,” Lancaster Bar Association, July 2003 and June 2004