Jill is a shareholder of Blakinger Thomas and a litigation attorney advocating for individuals, families, and businesses in a variety of matters. She focuses her practice on representing clients in family law matters, including child custody, support, and divorce/equitable distribution of marital property. Jill also handles proceedings under the Pennsylvania Protection from Abuse Act. In addition, Jill practices in Orphans’ Court, where she represents individuals and entities seeking guardianship for an incapacitated person and handles adoptions and terminations of parental rights.
Jill is active in the community, serving on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of Tenfold and Tenfold Community Lending (formerly Tabor Community Services and Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership). She is the Chair of the Family Law Section of the Lancaster Bar Association and a member of its Board of Directors. She has volunteered for Church World Services as an advocate for children seeking special immigrant juvenile status. She also routinely provides pro bono representation to low-income clients through the Volunteer Attorney Program.
- Temple University, J.D. (Staff Member, Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law)
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., magna cum laude
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Louis J. Farina, Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas (2008-2009)
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- Lancaster Bar Association (Member, Board of Directors, 2022; Chair of Family Law Section, 2022)
- Tenfold and Tenfold Community Lending (Co-Chair, Board of Directors, 2017-2021; Board Member 2013- Present)
- American Business Women’s Association (ABWA), Penn Square Chapter
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates (Zone 3 Representative, 2015-2021)
- Leadership Lancaster (Core Class of 2013)