Jill is a shareholder of Blakinger Thomas. She focuses her practice on representing individuals, families and businesses in a variety of litigation matters. Jill advocates for businesses with regard to employment claims ranging from unemployment compensation to disputes involving state and federal antidiscrimination laws. She also litigates in administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC).
Jill also counsels clients in family law matters including child custody, support, and divorce, as well as handling proceedings under the Pennsylvania Protection from Abuse Act. In addition, Jill practices in Orphans’ Court, where she handles guardianships for incapacitated persons and represents individuals and families in disputes involving wills, estates and trusts.
Jill is active in the community, serving as the Chair of the Board of Directors of Tabor Community Services and as a representative in the Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates. She also routinely provides pro bono representation to low income clients through the Volunteer Attorney Program.
- Temple University, J.D. (Staff Member, Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law)
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., magna cum laude
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Louis J. Farina, Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas (2008-2009)
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Tabor Community Services (Chair, Board of Directors)
- Society for Human Resource Management (Member)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates (Zone 3 Representative)
- Leadership Lancaster (Core Class of 2013)
- “How Not to Get Sued… (and what to do if you are),” Pennsylvania Society of Electrologists Annual Educational Conference, 2012
- “Pitfalls for New Practitioners,” Lancaster Bar Association, 2011
- “Women in the Profession of Law,” Lancaster Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, 2010