Tom is a shareholder of Blakinger Thomas, the Chair of the Wills, Estates, Trusts, Elder Law, and Planned Giving group, and a member of the Business Law and Tax sections. He concentrates his practice in sophisticated estate, business and tax planning for business owners, professionals and high net worth individuals and families.
Within these areas, Tom focuses on business and succession planning including formation, mergers, acquisitions and entity terminations, as well as estate planning and tax-exempt organizations. Tom has over thirty years’ experience advising businesses and assisting them with corporate governance, taxation and contract law. He also advises a broad cross-section of charitable and community organizations including schools, churches, retirement communities, and scholarship foundations with respect to tax-exemption, fund raising issues and other areas of concern for such organizations. Tom also has significant experience in advising landowners in connection with oil and gas rights in the Marcellus Shale Play.
- Temple University, LLM (Taxation), 1982
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Lehigh University, B.A., 1973
- United States Court of Appeals for Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Tax Court
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Integrity Bank Advising Committee
- Past member Board of Directors, Fulton Opera House
- Past Chairman of the Tax Section, Lancaster Bar Association
- “Oil and Gas Rights in the Marcellus Shale Play,” Lancaster Bar Association
- “Tax Issues in Buying and Selling a Business, ” Lancaster Bar Association