Charles is an associate at Blakinger Thomas and is a member of the firm’s Business, Banking and Finance, Real Estate, and Wills and Estates practice groups. Charles represents lending institutions in loan transactions; and businesses in acquisitions, financing, contractual matters, real estate transactions, succession planning, as well as general business counseling. He also assists families and individuals with estate planning and administration.
After serving a Clerkship with the Pennsylvania Superior Court, he spent nine years as an Assistant District Attorney with the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office, where he focused on representing the interests of businesses, business owners and individuals victimized by large scale theft and fraud. The extensive litigation experience that Charles possesses provides him a unique perspective on all types of business related matters, in addition to allowing him to counsel clients on theft and fraud prevention and detection practices.
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, JD.
- Colgate University, B.A.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Peter Paul Olszewski, Sr., Superior Court of Pennsylvania (2002-2003)
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association (Chair & Past Vice Chair, Corporate, Business & Bankruptcy Section)
- Boy Scouts of America, Pennsylvania Dutch Council (DCAD Committee Member)
- Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation (Board Member)
- Leadership Lancaster, Core Class of 2011
- Lancaster Bar Association Law Review (Past Committee Member)
- Warwick High School, Mock Trial Program (Attorney Advisor, 2004-2012)
- “Estate Planning for Young Couples,” Grandview United Methodist Church, 2016
- “Charitable Giving Through Estate Planning,” Everence Federal Credit Union, 2015
- “Farm Succession and Will Planning,” Real Health Conference, 2015
- “The Best Witness: Documentary Evidence,” Lancaster Bar Association, 2013