Charles is a shareholder of Blakinger Thomas and a member of the firm’s Business Law, Banking and Finance, Real Estate, and Wills and Estate Planning and Administration practice groups. Charles’ practice is focused on assisting families and individuals with estate planning and administration, as well as guiding a wide range of business clients through plans related to growth (real estate, acquisitions, and finance) and succession planning.
Charles’ practice also focuses in the area of tax exempt organizations, ranging from the formation of non-profit organizations and obtaining tax exempt status from the IRS to dissolutions or mergers. Charles also works with governance issues affecting tax exempt organizations, including public charities, private foundations, churches, and other non-profit organizations.
Prior to joining Blakinger Thomas, Charles served Clerkship with the Pennsylvania Superior Court, then as an Assistant District Attorney with the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office, where he focused on investigations and prosecutions involving large scale theft and fraud. The extensive litigation experience that Charles possesses provides him a unique perspective on all types of business related matters, in addition to allowing him to counsel clients on theft and fraud prevention and detection practices.
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, JD.
- Colgate University, B.A.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Peter Paul Olszewski, Sr., Superior Court of Pennsylvania (2002-2003)
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association (Chair, Estate Planning and Probate Law Section; Chair & Past Vice Chair, Corporate, Business & Bankruptcy Section)
- Boy Scouts of America, Pennsylvania Dutch Council (DCAD Committee Member)
- Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation (Board Member)
- Leadership Lancaster (Core Class of 2011)
- Lancaster Bar Association Law Review (Past Committee Member)
- Warwick High School, Mock Trial Program (Attorney Advisor, 2004-2012)
- “Estate Planning for Young Couples,” Grandview United Methodist Church, 2016
- “Charitable Giving Through Estate Planning,” Everence Federal Credit Union, 2015
- “Farm Succession and Will Planning,” Real Health Conference, 2015
- “The Best Witness: Documentary Evidence,” Lancaster Bar Association, 2013