Dan is a shareholder and past President of Blakinger Thomas and Chair of the Business group and the Banking and Finance group. Dan counsels individuals and businesses in a wide range of business-related transactions and personal matters from formation of entities and structuring real estate, loan, leasing, and other business transactions to day-to-day business operation issues and mergers and acquisitions. Dan’s practice has included representation of numerous manufacturers, retail firms, hospitality and service businesses, medical practices, construction-related businesses, retirement communities, and non-profit corporations with significant industry experience in representing companies in the commercial and retail alarm industry. He has served as general counsel to a public company.
Dan also has extensive experience representing borrowers and lenders in a variety of loan transactions including real estate, commercial and tax-exempt loans. He is Solicitor to several Industrial Development Authorities and Municipal Financing Authorities. He also has experience working with PEDFA, PIDA, MELF, and other Commonwealth of Pennsylvania loan programs.
Dan is an integral member of his clients’ teams. His focus on business counseling places him in a vital position of trust for his clients, which is why his first priority is to thoroughly understand each client’s situation and objectives.
- University of Maryland, J.D.
- Harvard University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Pennsylvania, 1980
- Lancaster Bar Association (Past President, Past Secretary and Past Chair – Corporate, Business and Bankruptcy Section)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster Family YMCA (Past Board Member and Past Chairman)
- Lancaster Cleft Palate Clinic (Past Board Member and Past Chairman)
- Hospice of Lancaster County (Past Board Member)
- Tax-Exempt Financing
- Commercial Lending
- Choice of Entity
- Restrictive Covenants in Employment Agreements